Hi, first in foremost I am a mommy to a brilliant 10-year-old little boy. I am married to my husband Duane, however, he is not just my husband he is my best friend; the one who has seen me fail and succeed, made me laugh and held me when I cry. The lord gave me two wonderful gifts when he put my husband in my life and then my son. We live in TN where I am attending APSU to get my degree in Elementary Education (k-6). We have one Dog, Mackenzie Ann. I owe everything in my life to God, he has blessed me, gotten me through many rough times, and is continuing to work in my life. As of right now, what I do is, I am a full time student, a mommy, a wife, and lastly I teach 4-5th grade life group at my church.

Monday, August 11, 2014

13 YEARS of Marriage!





August 2001
Wow 13 years ago today I married Duane, the love of my life!  God has done so much in our lives!  As we celebrated this past weekend, we realized how much we have changed.  My redneck boyfriend has turned into a well-rounded guy.  He is still my redneck but the things he tries and does with me, well; let us just say he probably would have never done them!  The same goes for me as well!  I think we balance each other out and we are well rounded because of it.  For example, this weekend we went to a really nice restaurant, Rodizio Grill the Brazilian Steakhouse!  The food was AMAZING, however, just like other places we have gone it was not what Duane would have thought of as a place to eat.  However, just like all the other restaurants I have talked him into trying he loved it.  What man could hate a place that serves unlimited meat of all kinds to you!  As for me, I have changed out TWO transmissions, changed tiers, changed the oil, and have learn so much about cars it is not even funny!  But hey, those mechanics (if needed) cannot pull one over on me :)  I feel the key to our success is that first and foremost God is the center of our home.  God comes first in our marriage.  God has taught us some hard lessons about marriage, but has also seen us through those hard times!  After that, we have learned to RESPECT each other, always tell the TRUTH (yes, he can even tell me that I look fat in ….. without me getting mad, which I am not sure he has ever done), and TRUST each other!  Lastly, but not least, ALWAYS be the ONE PERSON the other can COUNT ON!  We support each other and push each other to reach for our dreams!  We spend as much time together as we can, even if that means going shopping together (which is not as hard for me lol), or working on a car (like changing out a transmission)!  The one thing I feel as parents that we have/do right is we SHOW our son what it means truly to love your spouse!  Our son knows we are not perfect but he also sees that Duane is my best friend and that we walk together (NOT in front or behind).  However, most importantly, that God is holding my hand, he is holding Duane’s hand, and because of that no matter if we are in the same room or miles apart, Duane and I are always together!  13 Years ago I did not just say I do to my best friend I said I do to my Adam!
August 2014
August 2014







Duane I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment