Hi, first in foremost I am a mommy to a brilliant 10-year-old little boy. I am married to my husband Duane, however, he is not just my husband he is my best friend; the one who has seen me fail and succeed, made me laugh and held me when I cry. The lord gave me two wonderful gifts when he put my husband in my life and then my son. We live in TN where I am attending APSU to get my degree in Elementary Education (k-6). We have one Dog, Mackenzie Ann. I owe everything in my life to God, he has blessed me, gotten me through many rough times, and is continuing to work in my life. As of right now, what I do is, I am a full time student, a mommy, a wife, and lastly I teach 4-5th grade life group at my church.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

More Headlines need to say, GOD IS IN OUR SCHOOLS!


Well I was going to talk about my potato soup I made last night; however, I have something on my heart I feel I need to share.  So many times, I have read the headline “Put God back in our schools”, “They took God out of our schools” etc.  Here is the thing these headlines break my heart!!!  As a God fearing, God loving, God respecting, mother and wife I do not agree!  I believe that if I am doing the job God wants me to do with my son; I am sending God into my son’s school every day.  See God is not a pray said aloud, he is not the bible being read, or a teacher lowering her/his head to pray in front of kids.  He lives in each of us and this includes our children.  I LOVE how one of my pastors said it the Sunday before school started here in Tennessee.  He wanted us to pray for our MISSIONARIES that were heading into the schools. 

Who are these missionaries he is talking about?
The schools cannot let that happen.

Oh but the schools cannot stop it; they are our kids (the students), teachers, and the staff of the schools.  Imagine that, that is amazing, think how many missionaries started work in August!  See God is in our schools everyday!  He lives in all those children.  I pray that we as Christian realize this and start preparing our children to show Gods love, mercy, compassion, and to show what it TRULY means to follow GOD!  Prepare them to be missionaries!  The only way the government or anyone can take God out of the schools is by shutting the schools down.  As for our teachers and staff, they too can show Gods love!  They may not be able to preach or talk directly about God, but if they are living their life for God, the kids will know and then they will see what it means to follow Christ and what God looks like.

Check out these words from the bible:

Genesis 1:27 God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

1 john 4: 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

 Joshua 1:9  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”    
 
I tell my life group at church this “The world can take your bible from you but it cannot take your mind.”  See each session I do there is a memory verse to learn (we have 2-4 weeks to learn it).  I reward my students who learn it and I use those words to explain why it is important to do so.  Below are few scriptures that not only should our teachers and staff keep in their hearts but will be useful for our students of all ages.  I know I will hang on to these as I start my last year of college and then as I start teaching! 




 Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  Angela Watson added the following, Against such things there is no law.

“You [believers] are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” -Jesus (Matthew 5:14-16)

I will end with this God is still in our schools and NO ONE can stop him! 




1 comment: